Here are my conditions when I experienced a crash with Audacity in v.2.0.2:
- Except for enabling Software Playthrough, all settings were default settings.
- After initial launching of the app, I recorded for 45 minutes. Next, I deleted this first recording and started another recording and the crash happened after the second recording had completed 40 minutes.
- The recording was mono at 44,100 sample rate.
- The computer was Win7 64 bit. No other applications were running at the same time as Audacity.
- The crash occurred after 5 successful prior recordings by v2.0.2. After the crash, I reverted to v1.2.6 because reliability is extremely important in my case.