I’m using Audacity 2.0.2 on Windows 7 (Service Pack 1), though the problem started with 1.3.2.
While using 1.3.2 yesterday, I was going to start a pet project that involves changing the pitch of small clips of audio recorded from YouTube and the like using the stereo mix. This would be done multiple times until the clips seem to go along with a melody. However, for the first time, it cut about a third of the audio off of the end of the track. This wasn’t a huge deal, but it was annoying.
Th next day (today), I went onto another idea until I found a solution. I tried to make a stereo track of the Beatles’ song “Love Me Do” by panning two different recordings of the song to the left and right speakers. It turned out they were at different bpm, so I tried changing the tempo of one to match the other. This ended up cropping some of audio off of the beginning.
I went to ask for an answer, only to discover I had missed a whole bunch of updates. I hastily downloaded the exe file of 2.0.2, figuring it would solve the problem. It did in a way, as the Love Me Do versions are at least not being cropped, but the short clips still are being cut off. I have skimmed over the FAQ and manual, but to no avail.