Running Audacity 3.5.1 on macOS 14.5 on a Mac Studio 2023 with M2 chip and 64GB memory. Connected to the Mac Studio with USB-C are four displays: three Apple Studio Displays and one ViewSonic VP3256-4K display.
In Audacity, I open an existing audio file. When I play the file, the sound comes out of the speaker in my rightmost Apple Studio Display. I attempt to change the output device to a different studio display but nothing happens. Here’s how I tried to change the output device:
-
With the playback stopped (not paused), click on Audio Setup. This brings up a dropdown menu with several items.
-
From the dropdown menu, select Playback Device. This brings up a submenu with six choices:
VP3256-4K
Studio Display Speakers
Studio Display Speakers
Studio Display Speakers
Mac Studio Speakers
Microsoft Teams Audio
By selecting any of the three appearances of Studio Display Speakers in the list, I should be able to move the audio output to any of my three Apple Studio Displays. -
Selecting any of the three Studio Display Speakers options always sends the output sound to the same Studio Display (in my case, the rightmost display).
-
This bug has persisted through the last few Audacity releases.