- MacOs 10.15.7 Catalina
- Audacity 2.4.2
- Audacity downloaded fine.
- Moved Audacity app tp the Audacity folder and the folder to the desktop.
- I use a Scarlett 2i2 Audio Device which works fine on other Mac Audio apps like Twisted Wave and used to work on Audacity.
- I can record and do pretty much everything EXCEPT olay any recordings.
- I recorded and played the file on Twisted Wave without a problem
- But when I attempt to play it on AUdacity I get an error window that states: "error opening sound device. Try changing the audio host, playback device, and the project sample rate.
- Nothing worked. I tried all possibilities and get the same error message.
- I downloaded, reloaded 10 times or more doing everything that others have stated. No luck. How can I fix this?
olay? Do you mean “overlay” as in “overdub”?
What is “it”?
What settings do you have in the Device Toolbar?
I have this exact same problem. I’m a new Mac user so this is a new frustration added to my learning to navigate the Mac vs Windows.
I can playback over the Macbook pro speakers but not from anything plugged into the headphone jack. Not headphones, not speakers.
Same OS as the original post and Audacity 2.4.2
Can you playback from Music or other applications when headphones are plugged into the headphone jack?
I followed the instructions on this post:
And now my audio plays through the headphones with no problems. Maybe that will work for the original poster.