I’m a new and small let’s player on YouTube, although I’ve been working with audio for about 2 years and I’m self-taught with everything I know, but I know that I still have a helluva lot to learn. But I’ve never had something like this happen before and I don’t know how to fix it.
I recorded about an hours worth of gameplay and I record my voice in different software, but this time it recorded all distorted and everything. I’ll leave a small sample down below, but this is a story driven game and I want to do everything I can to try and fix the audio before I have to trash it.
Does anyone know how to fix this?! I recorded a game immediately afterwards (not knowing what was wrong) and it recorded fine, so I’m pretty much ready to beg for help at this point.
I recorded about an hours worth of gameplay and I record my voice in different software
This is where names are good.
“different software than I Normally use, or different from Audacity?” And what was the software?
Nobody will be bringing that back to show quality any time soon. It sounds to me like the recording software was on the wrong side of the show. Instead of recording your processed and clean voice, it recorded the echo cancellation and noise suppression trash. This is what the software removed from your voice to make it sound good.
Recording gameplay commentary takes custom software to sort which sound and which voice to record. It’s not fun. The game software is completely devoted to making the game sound work and the performance software has to work around all that, even worse if you’re doing voices with other internet players. I think the recording software got the order wrong.
It only happened once, right? You restarted the computer and it’s all working now?
My game recording software is D3DGear, and it has an option to record vocals from my mic, but it combines it with the gameplay audio and I don’t like and don’t want that; and that’s where audacity comes in, with me just syncing up the audio and the gameplay later.
But yea, I recorded my game, saved my audio and got right into the next game with that audio recording fine. I didn’t even restart my computer or anything, it just…worked and sounded crystal clear. I’ve been using audacity for almost 2 years and never had a problem like this, which the only reason why I would come here (mainly because I can either find the answer online or figure it out myself).
I kinda guessed that this audio wasn’t salvageable, I was hoping against hope that maybe someone out there knew a way to fix it. But oh well, at least I have the audio recorded from my camera even if it sounds like trash, it’s still understandable.