Audacity won't enable Freeverb3 [SOLVED]

I downloaded Freeverb3 singpleprecision from the official freeverb3 website.
http://freeverb3vst.osdn.jp/downloads.shtml

Then, I extracted the file and put all of the .dll and .XML files in the audacity plug-ins folder.

When I opened audacity I couldn’t find them in the effects bar, do I clicked on “Manage”.

I saw my freeverb files and I enabled the Freeverb3VST_Impulser2, since I only need that file. It’s state went from “new” to “enabled”.
I clicked ok.

When I opened the effects folder again, there was no freeverb3 plug-in - there were just the old ones. Then I clicked on “Manage” and the file’s state was again on “New”.
I set it again to “Enable”.

I did this many times, I restarted audacity, I made sure all of the files were downloaded correctly and put into the right folder and I really don’t know what’s wrong.

Help!? :cry:

Please don’t forget to tell us what version of Audacity you are using, even though in this case we can guess you are using 2.1.1. See the pink panel at the top of the page.

I downloaded https://osdn.jp/projects/freeverb3vst/downloads/61351/freeverb3_vst-fast-SSE-singleprecision-win-3.1.1.zip/ on Windows 7 64-bit and placed the plugin files in a folder inside Audacity’s plugins folder. For whatever reason, Effect > Manage… does not list those Freeverb plugins, but the current 2.1.2 release does, and successfully enables all nine of them.

We won’t go back to fix 2.1.1, so I suggest you use 2.1.2: http://audacityteam.org/download/windows.


Gale

I downloaded audacity 2.1.2 and I downloaded the same file you did and now it’s working!

Thank you :slight_smile: