Linux version: KDE Mint 17.3 “Rosa”;
Audacity version: 2.1.2, installed from safe PPA;
Lenovo laptop Dual core AMD E-300 APU 32 bits;
3 USB ports (1x 3.0; 2x 2.0);
no line/mic input.
USB Audio interfaces:
Zoom R16 audio interface functionality;
Behringer Guitar Link UCG102 (in conjunction with qjackctl).
For longer than I care to remember I haven’t had a fun recording session. Every attempt forever and anon culminating in sorting out IT. And for hours on end. Getting decent sound out of an electric guitar not going to work today either, by the looks of it. Whatever I try.
I tried to make a screenshot of what Audacity looks like on my screen, but that didn’t really work out. But of this bit I tried every combination possible:
In drop-down menu (‘default’) in-between ‘ALSA’ and ‘Mono’:
- HD Audio Generic CX20590 Analog (hw 0.0)
In ‘default’, to the right of ‘Mono’: all of the above, plus ‘front’, ‘Surround40/51/71’,and dmix.
Whatever the type of audio interface and whatever the combination of options offered, all I’m hearing is massive distortion (Zoom R16). Or otherwise Audacity just freezes stone dead, or simply crashes (Behringer Guitar Link): especially if ‘front’, ‘Surround40/51/71’, and dmix are involved.
In the meanwhile, this is Audacity’s mic/line Input (I think). I can’t see any way of reducing input level: sliders refusing to budge any which way.
Under my signature you’ll find a short impression, in MP3, of what I’m hearing, when strumming my guitar. Latency considerable, BTW,
If you can make any sense out of this, then I certainly hope to hear from you!