Audacity 4 - Export multiple clips roadmap/workarounds?

Have been an avid user of audacity for many, many years. Super excited to see the updates coming and 4.x!

Just realised that audacity 4 won’t allow export of multiple clips from a track without labelling… Which is a huge bummer, as the reason I turn to audacity is almost entirely for recording something, splitting it, and exporting the split sections - as quickly as possible. I don’t want to name, I dont want to create a thousand tracks.. I just want to record, split, export, delete everything, record again, etc.

Is there some reason why clip exports were removed, or are they in development with a timeframe?

Is there any way to automatically label the clips sequentially, or split them to separate tracks automatically?

Seems like a really weird thing to lose. Perhaps I’m a niche case?

Currently staring at this, dreading having to do it all again:
image

Audacity 3 won’t do that either. Could you explain where you found that feature, or post a screenshot of it?

And BTW, Audacity 4 does not have an Export Multiple function at all - not for labels, nor multiple tracks.