I upgraded to Audacity 3.4.2 Yesterday and tried to import a 59 minute FLAC file.
Audacity showed the length to be about 39 minutes, I had a heart attack thinking that I had cut the recording short but the original file is intact.
I am on Windows 11 Home running Audacity 3.4.2, I downgraded to 3.4.1 and had the same issue. I reverted back to 3.3.3 and that is working properly. If it is helpful I can try with 3.4.0 to see if that is an issue as well
I’d guess there’s something “imperfect” about the FLAC…
You can (probably) convert it to WAV with Kabuu Audio Converter (or something similar) as long as the WAV doesn’t end-up more than the WAV maximum of 4GB.
As long as it’s not high-resolution and/or multi-channel it shouldn’t be that big. (As far as I know, WAV is the only format with an “artificial” size limit.)
So I confirmed that this also happens in Audacity 3.4, and it seems like the problem happens when the file has an odd numbered bitrate
The files I’m importing are output from a program called BUTT(butt (broadcast using this tool) download | SourceForge.net). Some of them can be imported fine, others get truncated at some point. A commonality I’ve noticed with the files that get cut is that they have odd numbered bitrates for instance (787kbps)
I wonder what would have changed in the importing logic between 3.3 and 3.4 that would make this stop working
This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.