Audacity 2.3.3

After updating the last Audacity version (2.3.3), I noticed problems that didn’t exist on the previous version.

• The solo button : it’s not possible anymore to “solo” several tracks. For example if you have 10 tracks, if you want to play only the 1st and the 2nd track, you have to mute all the tracks from the 3rd to 10th one by one (it’s quite long and annoying). On the previous version, it was possible to activate the solo button on 2 (or more) tracks at the same time (much easier).

• The height of each track : when you save a file, it doesn’t save the height of each track if you had changed it.
    For example I prefer the screen to be arranged like this :
    Audacity1.png

than like this :
Audacity2.png

Because of that, I need to adjust the height of each track every time I open an Audacity file (quite long and annoying as well).

Or maybe is it possible to adjust the settings to enable me to fix these problems…

Thanks in advance for any answer and help.
Florian

This changed a few versions back.

In the current version, you can “Shift + Click” on the solo buttons to add more soloed tracks.
Alternatively, you can select “Multi-track” mode for the Solo buttons in Preferences:
“Edit menu > Preferences > Tracks Behaviours: Solo Button”
(see: Tracks Behaviors Preferences - Audacity Manual)

That’s a bug in Audacity 2.3.3. It has been fixed for the next release (2.4.0) which is scheduled for release in a few months.

Thank you very much for your answer.

I haven’t found the multi tracks mode. It works better now :wink:.

For the height problem, I’m lookin forward to the next updating…

Florian