I’m facing a very strange behaviour with Audacity User Interface when changing the language in the settings .
I am using Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca, but also with 17.2 it is the same. System Language is German
I have actually installed the daily version, but having the same using the distribution release (only tested on 17.1).
Now the problem: I installed audacity and use it with Standard Settings and everything is working fine. Even if I change language in audacity to English it works.
But if I change the language of the Linux-User in the System Settings of Linux Mint and restart, audacity will open but will not show any buttons in the toolbar - they are all empty. Changing the Users’s language back to German all works fine again - in all languages.
I’ve googled and searched in the forum, but did not find that someone had the same problem so far.
Please give me advice how to fix it - I need it for a friend who is using my computer but doesn’t speak german.