Applying De-Clicker crashes or takes a very long time, any feedback?

Hello,
I am very, very new to this so please forgive my lack of technical experience. I am recording podcasts that are about 70 minutes long. I have created a macro that applies a few filters and plugins that I found here and the end result is great, no issues there.

My issue is that when I apply my macro, it goes through all the different filters and settings and when it gets to the De-Clicker it stalls and eventually crashes. I figured out to separate the audio in batches of 10 minutes and it will not stall but it takes a very long time when it is applying the De-Clicker. I mean about 10 minutes or longer for 10 minutes of audio. All the rest run through very fast.

This may be normal, and if it is, I will just need to be patient. But if it’s not, I’d like to know what I can do to quicken the process.

Not sure what can help any of you to be able to help me so, here goes all I can think of.

My machine is an MSI with a 11th Gen Intel Core i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Laptop GPU with 16 GB RAM. (Getting more RAM this Christmas) - SSD.

I am applying this macro:

1. EQ
  2. Compressor
  3. De-Clicker (here is where it stalls)
  4. De-Esser
  5. Noise Gate
  6. Limiter
  7. Loudness normalization

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.