I have followed all the directions online for using ACX Check and can’t seem to find it in Audacity.
I am using Audacity 2.2.1 with MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.2
The link on the wiki page led me to download Acx-check.ny.txt.
On the computer I have dropped this into:
Then I go to Audacity:
But do not see ACX Check anywhere. I am very confused because all of the directions on multiple sites say this is how you do it. At my wits end. I’m already in the process of creating my first audiobook and am worried all the work will be denied by ACX if this isn’t fixed. Thanks for any help.
This is what a successful ACX Check panel looks like.
If your submission fails, the panel will give you simple comments about the failure.
You can confuse the app. ACX Check looks for at least 1/2 second of clean Room Tone to measure noise. If it doesn’t find any, it takes the closest it can get and very likely fail you even though the performance may actually be OK.
Room Tone is what the room sounds like when you stop talking. Do Not make mouth noises or shuffle in your seat or make other unconscious noises. They will all fail a noise test. I tell people freeze and hold your breath for about a second.
ACX requires portions of Room Tone in your submissions, so you will need to get good at this no matter what else happens.
Tears of joy. ACX check is finally working. Thank you so much for posting this because I’ve been going through the same thing for the 3 hours with the ACX Check.txt extension. I thought I was going crazy. Happy recording!
I have a Mac OS Sierra and am using 2.2.1 Audacity and I cannot download ACX check it says “There is no appliation set to open the document ‘Acx-check.ny’” . I tried to use audacity to import and it said Audacity doesn’t recognize try installing ffmpeg
“There is no appliation set to open the document ‘Acx-check.ny’”
Correct. You have to be careful not to double click it or do anything else to suggest you want to launch it. Your job is to get it in the right folder so Audacity can get to it. Also as above, make sure your system doesn’t try to change the filename.
I am also using Safari. I have High Sierra, 10.13.2 and Audacity 2.2.1. I just downloaded the file that kozikowski provided and that worked just fine. I had also removed the .txt from the previously downloaded Acx-Check file which continued to fail to Enable. Thank you kozikowski!