What happened to Audacity 2.0.0

Hi all

I just opened up Audacity (running on Windows 7 SP1 HOMEPREMIUM ) to do some work and it totally is changed from what it was a couple of days ago. I opened it to find Audacity 2.0.0. Two days ago, it was 1.2.6.

It is so different that I can barely figure out how to use it.

How did it just change? Was it somehow automatically changed by Audacity? I know I didn’t change it.

How can I change it back. I have work I’ve promised to deliver later this week. I don’t have time to learn how to use 2.0.0 and get the work done.

Advice desperately needed.

There is no auto installer as part of Audacity – at least that I know of. It’s highly unlikely that Audacity would take it upon itself to do an update.

I don’t know that there was a valid 2.0.0 distribution, either. I think that was a development version not available to the public. The first one I know of was 2.0.1.

Are you the only user on your machine?

Koz

There was a 2.0.0 release, but 2.0.1 followed quite soon after so you may have missed it.

Audacity does not automatically update itself. The only way that you can have Audacity 2.0.0 on your computer is if someone put it on.

If you can use Audacity 1.x you should have little difficulty in using 2.x as so much is so similar. Audacity 2.x has some new features and substantial improvements to many of the old features, but the basic operation is pretty much the same.

Audacity 1.2.6 was never recommended for Vista because of several known, serious compatibility problems.

The current version of Audacity is 2.0.2 and it is available here: Audacity ® | Downloads