.aup File not associated with audacity

So i ran into a problem when recording in the new v2.3.0 Audacity. When you would go to save it would just basically say the file was not found, yeah and that’s weird because it’s a new file so of course it can not be found. After 1-1 1/2 days i finally solved or rather figured out why this was it was because obviously .aup files which are “Audacity Project” were not not associated with audacity therefore not being saved. Now i do not know why or how it occurred to where they weren’t i tried uninstalling and removing all audacity files and reinstalling them but that didn’t even work. So i tried reinstalling the previous version and voila it worked and i noticed during the installation process a prompt popped up saying exactly what i thought… .aup files were not being associated with the v2.3.0 version of audacity. So in other words somethings wrong with audacity v2.3.0 have no fear i may have a solution it SHOULD work idk.

Step 1: Make Sure You Have A .aup
(Audio Project File) Handy
Step 2: Install New Version Of Audacity
Step 3: Go To The .aup File & Right Click It
Step 4: Click Open With…
Step 5: Click Audacity & Click Ok…

ALSO PLEASE GIVE AUDACITY A MORE MODERN FASTER EASIER TO NAVIGATE DESIGN MAYBE WE CAN ALL PITCH IN !!!