How to inject the sound "fl" in a song's melody

Hello, all,

I have a song in which I want to change some sung text, in a lot of different places in the song and at different tone heights. To be more specific, I want to modify “Anton” into “Flanton”, i.e. prepend the sound “fl” to it.

It is no problem to have that “fl” sound recorded. But for the audio processing newbie like I am, it IS a problem to determine which effect(s) I should apply to my recorded “fl” sound to have it

• in key with the song (at the many different places in that song),
  • at the correct volume, AND
  • without sudden clicks (in the end result).

Could anyone with more experience than my very limited experience give me a direction, please ?

It might seem that you should jam the new sound into the existing work, that’s probably not really manageable with the existing tools.

I would probably start by putting the original work on track one and import the new sound on track two. Then using the Time Shift Tool (two sideways black arrows), push the new sound so it appears in the right place versus the original. Since the new sound is on its own track, you can apply effects, filters and corrections without affecting the original work. Repeat with the other corrections.

You may find the zoom tools handy as well as turning off Auto Scroll.

Zoom (Windows)
– Drag-select something on the timeline and zoom into it. Control-E
– Zoom out a little bit. Control-3
– Zoom out full. Control-F

– Shift-ScrollWheel (or Shift-Touchpad) will shift the timeline view left and right (sooner and later).

Change the timeline so it doesn’t shift by itself:
– Edit > Preferences > Tracks > [_] Update display while playing. (de-select)
…Note: Update Display is good during recording.

Koz