Testing ACX

Mine doesn’t do this, but on occasion, the Mac will download a file and not recognize the extension, the part after the dot. Rather than leave well enough alone, it tags on .txt because it realizes, correctly as it turns out, that most of the content of the file is, in fact, text. However, the original extension was correct. Your job is to delete the .txt from that file name.

Slow click the filename, highlight .txt and DEL. The mac may complain at you because you can get into trouble by changing a filename extension.

If none of that works you can use Acx-check.ny that I appended to the bottom of this post.

Note only the top three values in the display panel are ACX AudioBook values. That and the acceptance sentence 2/3 down. You can force this all to work in stereo (two sound waves on the timeline), but it’s so much easier in Mono (one wave).

Audiobook Mastering Suite is a collection of tools. It’s not one thing. ‘Suite’ from the French “Harmonious Group.” It’s version 4 because it took that many revisions before I got it to work right.

The latest Audacity comes with Low Rolloff for Speech built into the Equalization tool, and Effect > Limiter is a normal audio processing tool. It’s only RMS Normalize that you have to download and install. That one is an odd duck because it’s not a “normal” audio processing tool. That one is more or less married to audio book production.

Rather than write it all again, go through that document and tell us where you get lost. Your Mac may still insist on sticking .txt onto the end of your Nyquist (.ny) files. Delete it.

https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/audiobook-mastering-version-4/45908/1

Koz
Acx-check.ny (9.01 KB)