Remove vocal plosive P&B sounds without re-recording

DeEsser and DeClicker are designed to attack specific vocal characteristics without seriously affecting anything else. Give them a shot.

https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/updated-de-clicker-and-new-de-esser-for-speech/34283/1

I noticed oddities in current issue microphones. They’re very bright or as I like to call it, harsh and grating. They call it professional. I have professional microphones. It’s not.

I used to put that down to microphone positioning or technique. I don’t think that any more. I think the makers are intentionally doing that forcing many people to try to fix their voice in post production filtering.

Even if you can ignore that, you can get stuck with the sister effects of popping plosives and prominent gasping and breath sounds. You may be able to run the DeEsser and get rid of multiple problems. Normalize to -3.5dB before you run the DeEsser to give it a fighting chance with good sound levels.

There is one other condition I noticed. It’s not unusual for a fresh presenter to hate their voice but it sounds perfectly natural to everyone else. I wish I had kept the link; one forum poster was individually correcting each word of his recorded dialog. Every word a gem. I think his goal was to read audiobooks (plural). He may not live that long.

Koz