Meeting ACX Requirements w/ Audacity

Koz,

I’m the female version of Ian https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/fledgling-voice-artist-seeking-counsel/33789/1 if only I’d been here to help him out with the female parts.

My setup is completely identical to his, blue snowball, homemade mini-booth (though I didn’t use it recording those samples posted), the only thing I lack is the noise he gets outside his place. For me noise is not a problem, but the empty room I’m doing this in is. I’d rather not move my whole desktop into my closet, but hey if I have to, I’ll look at investing in a laptop and a different mic.

BUT

If I can work with what I have now and do it successfully, and by successfully I mean tricking everyone into thinking I have some high quality studio and watching their jaws drop with knowing it’s not, then I can sleep better at night. :wink: [ I’m honestly looking into getting new equipment as we speak though :neutral_face: ]

P.S- I will gladly narrate anything for you anytime. Seriously, I will… no matter what… so let’s have a go, I’ll start by reading part of your next post to see how the progress with the recording is. :smiley: