An option to instead of removing clicks, create a track of the click removals that can be evaluated and edited to avoid false positives.
Manual steps for doing this would be…
To be automated:
- Make a copy of the track.
- De-click the track copy.
- Invert the de-clicked track.
- Mix the un-altered and de-click tracks to a new track (clicks track).
- Delete the de-clicked track (optional).
- Invert the new clicks track.
To remain manual:
7) Evaluate the clicks track
a) Remove the false positives (replace with silence).
b) Remove the ineffective (replace with silence) and instead manually repair the original tack.
8) Mix the original track and the clicks track to a new track.