Advise me for Audio Book & ScreenCasting Narration Videos

Please excuse my poor technical knowledge and mistakes because I am totally new to these stuffs.

We’re going to get you to write technical descriptions for the forum. Are you sure you’ve never done this before?

I wrote two live performance answers that may help a little. The microphone and connection systems are important, but they are tiny compared to a quiet and echo-free room. People laugh at me when I say they need a “studio,” but I don’t mean a room with expensive wall treatments, pleasant lighting, double-glass windows and control room. I mean a room with no dog barking or TV running. I mean a room that doesn’t sound like a barn, plain empty room or empty garage or car park.

Modern stylish rooms with polished wood floors and plain walls with expensive artwork means you will be recording your performance somewhere else. Professional recordists try to call in sick when they have to record a well-paid actor in one of those houses.

They may give you a better feel for how this works. One of the posters mentioned a microphone with both a USB and an XLR connection. That may work for you as USB for a long time and allow you to expand to a sound mixer later. I have no experience with those microphones.

I write toward “Americanisms” so I may lose you here and there. “As The World Turns” is a popular afternoon TV show.

Koz