3.0.0 Internal PortAudio Error: Could not find any audio device [SOLVED]

Just installed 3.0.0 after I have been using 2.3.3. Didn’t use previous version because I had the same issue, so thought it would be fixed with 3.0.0
Using WIN10 62bit on an HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0318nb.

I still have 2.3.3 installed and it works fine. Have been searching google and this forum, but didn’t find any solution yet.

In this thread the issue got solved by uninstalling Total Recorder. But I’m not using this program.

Anybody other suggestions?

Thx for your assistance.

I have the same problem, and I have invested hours in solving it, but the Audacity developers does not seem to have a solution for it!

Would each of you mind sharing a list of the devices on your machine? It is likely each of you have a device that is hanging up PortAudio for some reason.

To get a list of Recording devices, type “mmsys.cpl” into the Windows search bar (near the magnifying glass on the Windows Task Bar). Click on the Recording tab. Take a screenshot, or just type them in here manually.

Then repeat for the Playback tab. Thank you.

Here we are. Thanks

Problem solved. Thanks. I disabled all but the devices that are in use.

If you have time, perhaps you could test to see if it was the “DroidCam” virtual device that was causing the problem. My guess is that DroidCam was the cause of the problem.

The problem is the DroidCam, I disabled it worked.

I even reinstalled Audacity = '(… =)

Thanks for the indirect tip!

Super. Thanks for confirming.
I’ll close this topic as “solved” as it may help others.