help unavailable [SOLVED]

Hi, I’m new to audacity I have downloaded and installed following the instructions. I have version 2.1.1 running on Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3. Whilst audacity loads and opens correctly I am unable to access the Help files. However a Help directory is in place as are its contents as far as I can see. When I try to open the manual I get “you do not appear to have the help folder installed”. Any suggestions?
Richard

Assuming the installation isn’t corrupted then probably Gatekeeper is blocking access. Please see Nyquist effects missing - #9 by Gale_Andrews for solutions.

Alternatively if you were using the current Audacity 2.1.2 ( Audacity ® | Download for Mac OS ) then you could read the Manual online at http://manual.audacityteam.org/. However if Gatekeeper is the cause it is probably at a minimum also blocking Audacity’s shipped plugins, so following the solutions at Nyquist effects missing - #9 by Gale_Andrews is probably best.

Gale

Many thanks, Help now available, not sure about the plugins no doubt time will tell.
Richard