What do you call this sound? Is it possible to fix it?

Nor me, and I am staying out of this. But if you want my opinion, the noise is “action noise” when the keys of the keyboard instrument (celesta, I think) are depressed. To remove that noise would falsify the recording, aesthetically.

Gale

Hey, I’m not picky when it comes to opinions and thoughts so I appreciate it.

But hm. Both experts did not hear the thing. Got it. Thank you for both of your input / opinion.

Interestingly I have a commercial recording which show similar on very close listening.

It 's the Mozart Clarinet played by Gervase de Peyer on Deutsche Gramaphomon - One time I was sitting much closer to my QAD ELS-57 speakers then normal and I thought what’s all that clattering - then I realized that the recording had probably been very close-miked and the clattering was Gervase using the keys on his clarinet. :stuck_out_tongue:

WC

And I can’t hear any glitches in the posted clips either - but my ears are ageing these days :frowning:

Hm. Well the sound in question is more obvious to me when I turned up my volume to test it. And for the part that I linked here, I heard 2 of them static-like sound thing. So my guess is either, “Said sound only appears when volume is high” which kind of funny. I mean, Volume high then have but volume low then don’t have? That’s really funny all right. So I kind of doubt the first thought is right. 2nd thought is “Maybe the sound I hear is really just part of the OST and people just thinks like that?” Which it also doesn’t seems right either. I asked one of my friends to help me listen to it and he said that he heard one of the sound in this linked audio.

I tried to EZ-Patch it and things and such, I’m no expert but I think the length of the said sound is rather long since EZ-Patch doesn’t work because too long (That’s a thing for me.) Repair doesn’t seems to work either but then again, I might be repairing the wrong area. Or I might be too insecure about this kind of things, I want to make it “perfect” after all. Which is not happening with my skills and knowledge lol. Sigh This is hard.

For a “perfect” copy where you can hear what was recorded and intended, buy the CD. You can still rip the CD to WAV and edit it further to your taste.

Gale

You may find you have the rare mixing of a particular sound defect and a monitor system that’s sensitive to it. Another variation is a monitor system that overloads under certain exact conditions. Either can be why none of us can hear any problems with the music.

I see a bit up the thread someone found an actual tiny digital defect in the blue waves. Were you able to duplicate the discovery and repair?

Koz

@Gale, Yeah that’s what I figured.

@Koz, Maybe. I don’t know the stuff after all. I assume you mean Trebor? If it is, Then no, I cannot find it so the repair is also a no too.

Well, I think I gonna have to call off this project of mine. Man, My head is getting worse and worse each time I attempt to do this. It’s too obvious that this is too early for me lol.

Ok so er I know this is the wrong topic for this but at the same time, I don’t really know what to call the er well, This. http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/dc_offset.html

It’s 100% not wiki nor a “Forum” so. . .yeah. Sorry about this. Anyway I gave it a read and I got confused when I tried to understand what this means: “To perform removal, choose Effect > Normalize…, with the option checked “Remove any DC offset (center on 0 vertically)”. Uncheck the “Normalize maximum amplitude…” box unless you want to run Normalize as well (see Amplify and Normalize for what Normalize does and when to use it).” What I’m do not get is this line “unless you want to run Normalize as well”, Is it some sort of typo or is it really that? Can someone give me a easier to understand explanation? Thanks.

You should start a new thread with a new question.

The effect has two functions available:

1. Remove DC offset: Computes the average of all the sound samples in the selection and subtracts that average from all of the samples in the selection. This does not effect the amplitude (volume) it only removes any offset from zero (aka “DC offset”).

2. Normalize: Adjust the volume of the selection such that the peak value in the selection matches the desired level.

The two are independent and can be used one at a time or both together. I believe if you request “both” the DC removal is run first before the normalize, one of the elves can confirm.

Yeah. I knew I should but well, I just don’t know which “type” of topic do I go. My bad. I think I understand what those do now. I hope. Thanks for the explanation.