Audacity 2.2.2 really slow

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.

ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.

Audacity 2.2.2 really slow

Permanent link to this post Posted by hedera » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:38 pm

I run Audacity on Win7 Professional. I just downloaded version 2.2.2. I am not impressed. Everything it does is slower than the previous version (importing files, saving project files). It has also added at least one extra step: I now have to "select" the entire file before applying an effect. Previously it just assumed you meant the entire file, unless you said otherwise. Gee, thanks, folks - not.
hedera

Operating System: Please select

Re: Audacity 2.2.2 really slow

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:57 pm

The old "select all if none selected" behaviour is still available as an option in Preferences. It's called "Auto-select, if selection required:" and you can find it here: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/trac ... ences.html

I don't see any difference in speed, or know of any changes in 2.2.2 that would account for a difference in speed. Check that your anti-virus program is not running Audacity in a "sandbox".
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Permanent link to this post Posted by waxcylinder » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:40 am

I have done some serious QA speed testing of 2.2.2 a couple of weeks ago versus earlier versions with a one hour project on my W10 laptop - and I found no evidence of 2.2.2 being slower (or faster).

WC
________________________________________FOR INSTANT HELP: (Click on Link below)
* * * * * FAQ * * * * * Tutorials * * * * * Audacity Manual * * * * * Audacity Wiki * * * * *
waxcylinder
Forum Staff

Operating System: Windows 10

Permanent link to this post Posted by kozikowski » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:00 pm

I run Audacity on Win7 Professional.

When was the last time you did a clean start?

Shift-Shutdown > Wait for it to finish > Start.

Regular shutdown doesn't reset everything because nobody liked the extra time it took.

Koz
kozikowski
Forum Staff

Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Return to Windows