Cassette to USB dubbing

Help for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity 2.x.x on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
lesrail
Operating System: Please select

Cassette to USB dubbing

Post by lesrail » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:14 am

My operating system is Windows 10 and I have just upgraded to Audacity 2.2.1 and I need to convert sound recordings on cassette to a digital format. I have a Clearclick Cassette to USB device which allows me to link the sound signal from the cassette to my laptop. I am new to Audacity and I am looking for a beginner's guide to set up for converting the old cassettes to a digital format. Is there such a guide please? On the Internet all the guides that I have found so far, deal with using a microphone which is of no use to me. I need to find the "Line-in" option to complete my connection from cassette player to laptop. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Lesrail

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Cassette to USB dubbing

Post by steve » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:06 pm

lesrail wrote: I am new to Audacity and I am looking for a beginner's guide to set up for converting the old cassettes to a digital format. Is there such a guide please?
There's a series of tutorials in the manual: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/tuto ... to_cd.html
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

lesrail
Operating System: Please select

Re: Cassette to USB dubbing

Post by lesrail » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I actually found the tutorial that I needed after posting my question to you. Thanks for your assistance.
Les