How to take Screen Capture shot?

Help for Audacity on Windows.
Forum rules
ImageThis forum is for Audacity on Windows.
Please state which version of Windows you are using,
and the exact three-section version number of Audacity from "Help menu > About Audacity".

Audacity 1.2.x and 1.3.x are obsolete and no longer supported. If you still have those versions, please upgrade at https://www.audacityteam.org/download/.
The old forums for those versions are now closed, but you can still read the archives of the 1.2.x and 1.3.x forums.
pato
Operating System: Windows 10

How to take Screen Capture shot?

Post by pato » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:25 pm

I use v2.1.3 under Windows 10. Used .exe file (I think) to load this version of Audacity.

Clicking Help/Screenshot Tools brings up a Screen Capture Frame that lets the user choose various aspects of the capture including what folder to save the captured image to and how much and what parts of the screen to capture. But I don't see a button that tells the system to actually take the screenshot. Where is that control and what is it labeled?

kozikowski
Forum Staff
Operating System: macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Re: How to take Screen Capture shot?

Post by kozikowski » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:34 pm

Over on the right somewhere, Prt Scn. Print Screen.

My Win7 machine had an app to do that. I remember finding it in the Windows help system.

Koz

kozikowski
Forum Staff

Post by kozikowski » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:06 am

Win7.

Start > All Programs > Accessories > Snipping Tool.

It lets you drag the cursor around the screen to draw a box around what you want. It's pretty simple from there. Editing tools, Save As, etc.

That's how I got the Windows volume slider illustration.
WIN7VolumeMixer.PNG
WIN7VolumeMixer.PNG (30.08 KiB) Viewed 1490 times
I normally drive a Mac.

Koz

kozikowski
Forum Staff

Post by kozikowski » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:23 am

I thought there was an older process.

PrtSc key will copy the whole desktop to the clipboard. Open MS Paint and Paste. Use the MSPaint tools to crop and shade, etc. etc. etc and then save to the format of your choice.

Koz

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Post by steve » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:13 pm

pato wrote: I don't see a button that tells the system to actually take the screenshot. Where is that control and what is it labeled?
If you want to take a screenshot of the first track, click the "First Track" button and a screenshot will be taken of the first track.
If you want to take a screenshot of the full Audacity window, click the "Capture Full Window" button and a screenshot will be taken of the full Audacity window.
and so on.
See also: http://manual.audacityteam.org/man/help ... shot_Tools...
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)