Does pitch conversion and export lows the audio quality?

Hello, i want to convert mp3 audio from 440hz to 432hz and then export it.
Does this conversion and export change the quality of the audio?

Also if the mp3 is 320, it will be exported in 320?
because audacity don’t show any mp3 options.

Thank you

Hello, i want to convert mp3 audio from 440hz to 432hz and then export it.
Does this conversion and export change the quality of the audio?

Yes. So that would be Effect > Change Pitch. Change the pitch without changing the rhythm or timing.

That and Change Tempo are the two most likely to cause sound damage. They rip the sound to pieces and try to re-assemble it with the new goal. They work on compromises. You can have it convert quickly and not sound so good, or work perfectly and take a week.

Also if the mp3 is 320, it will be exported in 320?
because audacity don’t show any mp3 options.

Audacity Export should show you quality settings.

You can’t easily export MP3 in the same quality that you imported it. MP3 gets its small, convenient files by re-arranging tonal values to be more efficient…and leaving some of them out. It does it at every export and you can’t stop it. You have the option of Exporting as perfect quality WAV or super high quality MP3 and just put up with the small damage.

Koz

Thanks a lot.

I’m on windows 11 and there is not mp3 quality options on the export window

An alternative is the Change Speed effect which changes speed & pitch together (like slowing-down an analog record or tape). This is a “simpler” process and there are no side-effects (except for the slight speed change which you probably won’t notice*).

The Speed Mulitplier 0.982 (432/440).

If you export as MP3 you are still going-through another generation of MP3 compression.

\

• You probably won’t notice the slight pitch change either unless you are a musician trying to play in-tune with the recording. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m on windows 11 and there is not mp3 quality options on the export window

Does Win11 still have the Snipping Tool? Take a picture of the panel you do have and post it. Scroll down from a forum text window > Attachments > Add Files.

Koz