Audacity Crashing

I reinstalled Audacity 3.1.2 on Saturday and everything was as normal, then on Sunday evening/Monday morning I tried to use it and it crashed every time I tried to use high quality pitch shift it didn’t complete the task and crashed in total five times. I have since uninstalled it (again!) and am going to reinstall (again!). I looked in Windows 10 reliability history and viewed technical details and it came up with the following:-

Faulting application name: Audacity.exe, version: 3.1.2.0, time stamp: 0x6193a5c8
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1288, time stamp: 0xa280d1d6
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000ff199
Faulting process id: 0x1cb8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7ead69569dc03
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Audacity\Audacity.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 90c974d5-38b8-477a-b0ff-46ae0a8c7e44
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Is this a problem with Audacity?

Works fine for me with no crash on W10 with 3.1.2

Peter

I, too, am having major problems with plugins crashing as well a Audacity taking up a ton of CPU, so much so that I get messages in other software about resources being low, I know it’s Audacity 3.1.x because it only happens when I have it launched. Something is seriously wrong here. It’s literally crashing my computer in occasion. VST plugin compatibility is almost totally broken for me now, as well. And yes, I can easily duplicate these problems. Never had this issue before 3.0.x (3.0.5+ is when I noticed it).

If it’s crashing the whole computer, then it’s most likely a problem affecting the kernel, which would almost certainly be a driver issue as hardly anything else has kernel access. Check to see if any of your drivers have updated recently.

Any help/advice on why the new update has caused the software to crash when opening? The only way to get it to properly operate is to uninstall and re-install each time.

Thank you