Question about "Sine + cosine oscillator"

I just recently installed v3.0.2 and noticed there’s a new entry under “Generate”, “Sine + cosine oscillator”. Out of curiosity, I tried to use it but got an error:

09:38:26: Error: Failed to load shared library ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\plug-ins\sin_cos_1881.dll’ (error 126: The specified module could not be found.)

Is there some plugin I need to install? What’s the name and where do I find it? I’m running under Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit.

Thanks.

That’s an ancient plug-in from the set of “SWH Ladspa plug-ins”. It’s probably left over from an old version of Audacity. Even if it worked it would probably not be useful.
See if you can disable it in the plug-in manager: Plugin Manager - Add / Remove Effects, Generators and Analyzers - Audacity Manual

Thanks. It’s not causing any problem, as long as I don’t try to use it. Strange I haven’t come across it before, though. I’ve been using Audacity for almost 20 years I think.

A full reset of Audacity’s effects would fix it properly, but would also reset any effects that you do use. So, as you say, if it’s not causing a problem, then you can just leave it.