I've got Directories with these files. What are they?

Greetings,

Attached is a screen capture of the left side is the directories, the right is the type of files in that directory.

I assume the directory is Projects.

If so, can they be exported as a wav file?

W. Kirk Crawford
Tularosa, New Mexico
DirectoryWithFilesw.jpg

Those “.au” files are the audio from your project.
Do not mess with them in any way or your project could be destroyed.

In the TUMC directory there should be a file called “1-3-2021.aup”. That’s the other part of the Audacity project.
It is essential that both the “.aup” file and it’s associated “_data” folder remain side by side in the same directory.

From Audacity “File menu > Open” (or “Open Project” depending on your version of Audacity), open the “1-3-2021.aup” file. Audacity should then be able to pull in the audio data (the “.au” files) from the “1-3-2021_data” folder and display your project.

To create a normal audio file, you need to use “Export” from the “File” menu.

Note that these projects were created in an old version of Audacity.
The current version of Audacity is 3.0.2 (available here: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/)

The current version uses a different format for projects. Instead of the multi-part format, there is a single “.aup3” file. This single project file contains the entire project.

Audacity 3.0.2 can open the old format projects, but saves projects in the new format.

One thing to be aware of with the current version of Audacity, it does not support FAT formatted drives. FAT (or FAT32) format is commonly used on external drives. I mention this because it looks like your TUMC drive may be an external drive.