With English GUI effect settings reset...

Hey!

Since the last update I am working with an English GUI, before I worked with German GUI. I have a problem which I only have in with the English setting: The last effect settings are not saved or reset. I am not sure if this is a problem of version 3 or if it existed before…

The following things I can do to reprocude:
Import audio → Apply limiter with -5db e.g., close program, don’t save.
The next time I open the program, the limiter is still set to -5d.
I import audio again, apply noise gate and change some noise gate settings, close program, don’t save.
When I now reopen the program, import audio and want to use the limiter, it is reset to -3db.

As I said, with a German GUI the problem doesn’t exist.
I noticed, that the decimal splitter changes from , (German) to .(English), maybe the localization is a problem somehow?
Also the effects below the line are still in German language:
https://ibb.co/8BHj9rQ

I have a German Windows 10 Pro 2004 and Audacity 3.0.2.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thank you and best regards
Matthias

That’s the likely to be problem.

My guess is that to get this working properly, you would need to enable the English plug-ins in the Effect manager: Plugin Manager - Add / Remove Effects, Generators and Analyzers - Audacity Manual

Does the same issue occur with “above the line” (built-in) effects such as “Change Pitch”, “Change Speed”, “Echo”,…?

No with the compressor e.g. it is not the case.

But I wonder how I should enable the plugins in English… Here is how my plugins manager look:
https://ibb.co/hDyjKzG

And the noisegate2 file doesn’t exist e.g. Can I rebuild the plugin list somehow?

Yes you can.

1. Ensure that Audacity is not running.
  2. Open the hidden folder: *Users__\AppData\Roaming\audacity*
    (where “” is your computer log-in name).
  3. Delete the two files:
    pluginregistry.cfg
    pluginsettings.cfg
  4. Restart Audacity

Ok that did help, thanks again. :slight_smile: