Very bad quality - need a solution

Hello,

I recorded a one hour skype interview (for my thesis) using Audiacity. Unfortunately the result is very bad, I can barely hear the one interviewed, and I just cannot ask him to do the interview again, he is so busy that is was a one time chance…

Does anyone have a solution to share ? Like a good quality but affordable retranscription service that can work with bad quality audio file ? Or does Audacity offer a service like that ?

Thank you in advance.

Bonjour,

J’ai enregistré un entretien Skype d’une heure avec le logiciel Audacity dans le cadre de ma thèse,malheureusment le résultat est très mauvais et je ne peux presque pas entendre la personne interviewée. Je ne peux pas lui demander une nouvelle fois de se libérer une heure car cette personne est très occupée donc je suis très embêtée.

Est ce que vous auriez une solution à partager avec moi ? Par exemple un nom de société de confiance mais pas trop chère qui puisse retranscrire des fichiers audios même s’ils sont de mauvaise qualité ? Est ce que Audacity propose un service semblable ?

Merci beaucoup!

I can barely hear the one interviewed

Audacity is not recommended for recording Skype interviews. Because of the way Skype arranges the sound channels, you recorded the Skype processing errors not the actual voice.

If you can’t understand the speech, I don’t think a transcription service is going to be able to use it.

You can try posting some of the sound on the forum.

https://forum.audacityteam.org/t/how-to-post-an-audio-sample/29851/1

Koz