Swedish language macro not fully replace with english when exported

I’ve installed Audacity selecting Swedish as the language of use.

I’ve since written macros, where all macro instructions are the Swedish ones. Exporting the macro generates a .txt file, where most of the Swedish macro instructions have been replaced by their corresponding English language counterparts, but not all. Some remain untranslated, so Swedish, and thus being unparseable to users having selected a language other than Swedish for use in Audacity. Changing selected language for use in my copy of Audacity, generates the same result. Examples:

Swedish macro instruction Exported macro instruction

Normalisera Normalize (Correct)
‘Filterkurva EQ’ ‘Filter curve EQ’ (Correct)
Högpassfilter Högpassfilter (remains untranslated, should have been ‘High-pass filter’)
‘Justerbar toning’ ‘Justerbar toning’ (remains untranslated, should have been ‘Adjustable fade’)

Does this constitute a bug in Audacity, or am I doing something wrong? The macro is used by users worIdwide, using a range of language settings, so all the macro instruction must be translated in order for the macro to be parseable by any user anywhere. At the same time, I obviously prefer using the Swedish language settings and macro instructions, so what do I best do?

A presentation of the intended application for the macro and an associated Plugin can be found at https://xeno-canto.org/article/275. The macro (transformed, piecewise manually, into a fully English language form) and the associated Plugin can be downloaded from the same site.

I use Windows 10.

I would open up a developer issue here: Issues · audacity/audacity · GitHub

I tried importing and running the macro in Audacity 3.0.2, and got the response:

“Batch command ‘Adjustable fade’ not recognized”

I’ve selected Swedish as the language of use, and looking at the macro in ‘Macro manager’, all the macro instructions have been translated into their swedish correspondents, except ‘Adjustable fade’, which remain untranslated and in English.

Simply deleting the instruction ‘Adjustable fade’ makes the macro run without error messages again, but ‘Adjustable fade’ is an importants aspect of the macro, so I really what it in the macro.

If I don’t get a response in this forum, I guess that Github thing is the way forward?

I use Windows 10.

At the risk of repeating myself,

That is, I mean, you should…

Posted on Github!

So we’ll see what they do with it. :smiley: