General Scripting Questions

Hi guys,
This is my first time performing python scripting in Audacity, and I have come across a problem:

I am running Audacity on a Windows 10 system and would like to use scripting for one of my projects.
I enabled the mod-script-pipe in Audacity’s preferences, that should allow scripting.
After running the pipe_test.py script, I saw in the instructions that I could type do(“whatevercommand:”) in the python CLI.
The pipe_test.py script gave the following output, shown in the attached image. However, when I tried using the do command, I was getting the error, as follows:

>>> do("Help:")
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    do("Help:")
NameError: name 'do' is not defined

How exactly am I supposed to use this command? Am I forgetting to run a file? Or forgetting to install something? I am running the script through Python 3.7.4 Shell (Idle)

Hoping for some guidance.
Best regards,
~BTC
PyProblem.PNG

For running your own commands, I’d recommend using pipeclient.py
Instructions for how to use it are given in the Docstring at the top of the file: https://github.com/audacity/audacity/blob/master/scripts/piped-work/pipeclient.py
Try using it from the command line interface first, then if you want to write your own Python scripts, import it as a module.