Audacity 2.3.2 crashing on Windows 10 when you do equalization -> edit parameters in a macro

Audacity version number: 2.3.2, Commit ID bd2956 of Sat May 4 11:38:57 2019 +0100
Hardware: Intel(R) Core™ i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16.0 GB RAM

Steps to reproduce:-

1. Tools → Macros
  2. New → ‘Test Macro’
  3. Insert → Equalization → Edit parameters

Attached the crash report that Audacity generates.
Audacity_dbgrpt-5820-20190519T103223.zip (75.7 KB)

There were a couple of bug fixes for the Equalization effect shortly before Audacity 2.3.2 was released. Please update to the current release version of Audacity in case it’s one of those bugs that you are seeing. Audacity 2.3.2 (release version) is available via the Audacity website: https://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

There were, but not this one. I’ve tested and the bug that you describe is still present in the release version.

The Equalization effect has not yet been migrated over to the “settings” system that is used by other effects, and I think that’s the root of the problem.

There’s a workaround:

1. If you’ve already added the Equalization effect to the Macro, remove that step from the Macro and close the Macro editor.
  2. Create a dummy track, select it, and open the Equalization effect.
  3. Set the required settings in the Equalization effect and save the settings using “Save / Manage Curves” (Equalization - Audacity Manual)
  4. Close the Equalization effect and delete the dummy track.
  5. Open the Macro editor and add the Equalization effect. You should see the name of the preset that you created in step 3 as shown in the screenshot below.

eq.png