Compile 2.2.2 on Ubuntu 17.10

Bug reports for Audacity 2.3.0 alpha

This forum is only for feedback and bug reports for the specified version of Audacity.

All bug reports must include the following information:
  • Exact version number of Audacity
  • Operating system version
  • Brief description of the problem
  • Detailed, step by step instructions for how to reproduce the problem
Bug reports that do not include the above information will be deleted

Additional information and / or screenshots should be included as necessary to adequately describe the problem.

Compile 2.2.2 on Ubuntu 17.10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gert » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:15 pm

In order to compile 2.2.2 on a rather clean Ubuntu 17.10 I had to install the packages below in addition to the required stuff as described in the documentation on wiki.

There were no complaints during ./configure

libgtk2.0-dev
libexpat1-dev
zlib1g-dev
Gert

Operating System: Linux *buntu

Compiling 2.2.2 on Ubuntu 17.10

Permanent link to this post Posted by Gert » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:27 pm

In order to run ./configure without complaints, I had to install the next packages in addition to the ones named in the documentation.

g++
autopoint
libtool
cmake
Gert

Re: Compile 2.2.2 on Ubuntu 17.10

Permanent link to this post Posted by steve » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:31 pm

As indicated in the alert (red) paragraph at the top of the wiki page, that page is out of date.

The instructions included in the source code are kept up to date, but are aimed primarily at developers (who are expected to be able to sort out dependency issues): https://github.com/audacity/audacity/bl ... er/INSTALL

For the benefit of less experienced users, I periodically post step by step instructions here on the forum. The most recent such instructions are here: https://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopi ... 19&t=96525 (obviously I am not able to give detailed instructions for every version of Linux, so I generally focus on a recent release of Debian or Ubuntu).

If you would like to post step by step instructions for Audacity 2.2.2 on Ubuntu 17.10, I'm sure that will be useful for others.
Note that most of your missing dependencies would have been available if you had installed the "build-essential" package.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
steve
Site Admin

Return to Audacity 2.3.0 alpha bug reports