Audacity theme in Ardour (-ish) style

Hi y’all,

I’ve created a theme that matches Ardour’s default colors, icons and widgets.
The behaviour of some buttons is different so the colors of pressed buttons can’t always be the same.
The icons not present in Ardour’s interface have been drawn by me from scratch.

I’m still wandering what some icons and colors are for because I couldn’t figure them all out…

— (For instance, anybody knows what the icons in the 6th and 7th row do? I’d really like to know…) —

To install, put ImageCache.png into a “Theme” subfolder of the folder for Audacity’s application’s data (Windows: Users<username>\AppData\Roaming\audacity\ – Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/audacity/ – Linux: ~/.audacity-data/).
To use, go to Edit->Preferences->Interface and choose “Custom”.

If you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Enjoy!
ImageCache.png
Audacity Ardour-ish theme 01.png

1 Like

That’s pretty :slight_smile:

I’m not sure about all of them, but at least some are for labels: Label Tracks - Audacity Manual

Thank you Steve!

Unfortunately, the only label-related icons I could make sense of are the ones in the 8th row (I themed them, too).
The ones above have all names starting with “Tn” (TnStartOn, TnCalibrate, TnAutomateSelection…) and I can’t find any reference to those actions either inside the program or in the manual…

I’m attaching a different screenshot featuring labels and some aspects not covered in the first one.

They relate to an experimental feature that was added and abandoned many years ago.
There’s not many references to it, but here’s one:

EXPERIMENTAL_VOICE_DETECTION
Disabled.
Seriously broken. Little prospect of anyone putting in time to fix it any time soon. Any code that is worth having in here should become a plug-in.

I won’t bother theming them in that case! :wink:

Here’s a new version with a workaround for the small glitches around the small buttons and with spectrum colors to match the “a-Inline Spectrogram” plugin in Ardour (too bad Audacity completely ignores the “Spectro1”, “Spectro1sel” and “SpectroBackground” colors…)

Audacity Ardour-ish theme 04.png

Wow Tiziano
beautiful theme , love it
have you created a white/macos/light theme for windows?
grazie

What a great theme! Nice work!
But it cannot be used for the new version!