Ubuntu 20.04 Dark Theme

User-contributed artwork and graphics.
Forum rules
ImageUser-contributed graphics, logos, themes, buttons, icons and other artwork relating to Audacity.
Images and suggestions posted here are primarily for fun. Audacity currently has few options for customising the appearance, but users may still like to share their vision of Audacity in the future.
Please read the READ ME post for this board before posting here.
madis
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Ubuntu 20.04 Dark Theme

Post by madis » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:03 pm

steve wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:04 pm
there is very little colour difference when audio is selected. The audio selection is an extremely important feature in Audacity as virtually all edits and effects are applied to the audio selection.
Thanks for feedback, totally agree. Here is a stronger highlight (not the best color selection, but whatever, I'm not a design guy either :) )
Screenshot from 2020-10-11 22-01-50.png
Screenshot from 2020-10-11 22-01-50.png (6.13 KiB) Viewed 558 times
ImageCache.png
ImageCache.png (67.61 KiB) Viewed 558 times

steve
Site Admin

Post by steve » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 pm

madis wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:03 pm
Here is a stronger highlight (not the best color selection, but whatever, I'm not a design guy either :) )
I agree that it's not the best color selection, but I disagree about you not being a design guy because the overall design of your theme looks terrific ;)

I've shown this theme to the Audacity developers and it received very positive comments.

Would it be OK for us to use this theme as the basis for a new theme option in Audacity? It probably wouldn't be the next release as we are getting towards the final testing stage, but if you agree then there's a good chance that it could be included in the next release plus one. If we do that, I'd like you to be credited, either in the code or the manual or both, so I would need to know what name to use in the credit.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

madis

Post by madis » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:02 pm

steve wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:44 pm
madis wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:03 pm
Here is a stronger highlight (not the best color selection, but whatever, I'm not a design guy either :) )
I agree that it's not the best color selection, but I disagree about you not being a design guy because the overall design of your theme looks terrific ;)

I've shown this theme to the Audacity developers and it received very positive comments.

Would it be OK for us to use this theme as the basis for a new theme option in Audacity? It probably wouldn't be the next release as we are getting towards the final testing stage, but if you agree then there's a good chance that it could be included in the next release plus one. If we do that, I'd like you to be credited, either in the code or the manual or both, so I would need to know what name to use in the credit.
Hey.
Thanks for the kind words.

Totally fine if you use it as basis for a new embedded theme - that's the perfect outcome having something bundled with the release.

All the icons are from https://feathericons.com/ (or some rough modifications of originals) - they are MIT so should be pretty easy to use.

No need for the credit, but if you do (up to you if you want to include the website as well, it's _kind_ of a competing product, in a very narrow field, in future :P, if I ever do it) that is:
Madis Liias - https://record.audio/