Dark Glacier Theme [2.3.0]

Hey, everyone!

My first post here. I’ve been using Audacity for years and I love it!

I created a dark glossy theme for my use. If you like it, feel free to use it and let me know your thoughts.

To use Dark Glacier, do the following:

1. Download the Theme matrix here
    http://www.picsky.net/image/yDOU

2. Put it in C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\audacity\Theme and name it ThemeCache.png

3. Go to Audacity > Edit > Preferences > Interface and under Theme, select Custom.

There you have it :slight_smile:
Glacier.png

Cool :sunglasses:
(literally :wink:)

''Dark Glacier'' ain't so dark when you select audio.gif

That doesn’t work.

ImageCache.png

does, though.

I agree with this. If the selection colour could be made less bright, maybe to some lighter but still dark shade of blue, then I would use this theme in a heartbeat.

There’s some information about customizing themes here: Missing features - Audacity Support

Agreed.

Yeah but it would be best if the author made the change in a way that matches the rest of the theme.

Perhaps he likes the high contrast of selected audio. It’s certainly very easy to see which audio is selected.
Personally, I think it’s good of MarexKai to share his work.

Here’s a very Dark theme by Mike Zinner, the selection background is mid-grey …

This is great, thank you, though I do personally prefer the blues and waveform styles of Dark Glacier.

The colour of the selected audio background is defined by the colour of this square …

Wow on this. I’d like to do this on mine but would be more neony red.

I love it with the blue!

Your theme is so modern and nice. I like it very much.

Do you think users would like if we had a central place to store themes for the project? Even if it would be unofficial?
To store themes and to teach new users on how to create them?

What do you think?

Thank you.
Victor

Hey, what about the ImageCache?

There’s a link in the first post.