How do I change BIT RATE to at least 192

Narrating and Producing Audiobooks.
Forum rules
ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
mjb0123
Operating System: Please select

How do I change BIT RATE to at least 192

Post by mjb0123 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:20 pm

Hi there!

I am using 2.0.6 and recording audio for ACX.com. They are telling me that my file that I tried to upload must be at least a 192 bit rate? How can I change that? Do I have to start the recording all over again?

I am just learning this software so I am a newbie!

Thank you!

Matt

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: How do I change BIT RATE to at least 192

Post by steve » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:43 pm

Assuming that you still have the Audacity project, do the Export again, and in the Export dialog, click on the "Options" button, then select "Constant" as the "Bit Rate Mode", and 192 kbps as the "Quality".
More information in the manual here: http://manual.audacityteam.org/o/man/fi ... ialog.html

I also recommend that you check that your recording is all "mono" before you export. 192 kbps mono is very high quality for MP3 format.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

kozikowski
Forum Staff
Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Post by kozikowski » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:24 pm

When you got done with your performances, you should have saved the Audacity Project (Audacity will not Save a sound file), and then also Export a WAV sound file of the show. You may have done this in chapters as you go.

Those are your permanent, high-quality archives. From those, you can export lower quality MP3 or other format for delivery to the client.

Opening and re-exporting an MP3 increases the compression sound damage and you can't stop it. Always work from the archive WAV or Project.

Koz

mjb0123
Operating System: Please select

Post by mjb0123 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:03 am

Thank you all--I finally saw the box to press.

Matt