How to record a commentary & segments of a podcast together

I am new to audiocity and also new to recording things online period.
However, I have a strong desire and interest to record a podcast of my own using my commentary over or in between the voice recording of others that are in their podcasts. Example say there is a technical subject lesson that exists as a podcast. I want to add a different example or an application for a formula (with the full acknowledgement of the original source of course). Any suggestion and help will be greatly appreciated. By the way, at the end, I would also like to create a blog and put these commentary added podcasts for general information. I will appreciate any suggestions there as well. Thanks.

I have a strong desire and interest to record a podcast of my own using my commentary over or in between the voice recording of others that are in their podcasts.

Do you know any of those people? I’ve been juggling the best way to manage this job…and there isn’t one. As I understand it, you want to master-class edit your own works into existing finished works.

I would be visiting someone making an original, successful podcast and watch them do it. Then make your own simple podcast to acquire the equipment and environment and learn the process.

Then, when you get that down and if you’re still interested, capture their work and your own original work and cut them together, keeping in mind you will need quality and volume matching in addition to all the other recording and production skills. Once you get that far, publishing or posting to a podcast host is trivial.

Koz

Home recording or production is not for the easily frightened. This is a sound clip I got from a group who did a splendid job studio recording a promotional campaign. Then they needed additional voice work and rather than go back into the studio, decided to record it at home.

http://kozco.com/tech/audacity/clips/EchoSample.mp3

Koz