Rollback of the effects

Hi,
I am trying to check how the sound was after the editing but accidentaly I saved it.
There is a way to come back to the recorded track without editing? I can not do Edit->Undo

how the sound was after the editing but accidentaly I saved it.

Maybe how the sound was before editing?

UNDO is only valid while Audacity is open. The instant you close Audacity, it goes around and cleans up all its temporary files and caches like a well-behaved program. Saving an Audacity Project doesn’t help. Projects do not save UNDO.

What you’re supposed to do is Export a perfect quality WAV sound file of the performance before you do anything to it.

Koz

Did you do a computer backup between the time you performed the piece and the edit? Roll the machine back to that and rescue the original file.

Do you ever do backups?

Koz

Hi,
I mean after editing, in the sense that I wanted to hear the audio after amplification,compression and other effects.
However, I did not do manually backup, I don’t know if Windows automatically do this. At the end of the story I rerecorded the piece.

What you’re supposed to do is Export a perfect quality WAV sound file of the performance before you do anything to it.

No generally I record my audio with mic in a project and I save the project, then I edit the audio and save as another project.
And at the end I export the file as an MP3.