Help in removing noise

Audacity Podcaster Forum.
Forum rules
ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
PalomaBarbosa
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Help in removing noise

Post by PalomaBarbosa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 pm

steve wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:14 pm
prin wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:59 pm
there is background noise
A clock?

You need to either remove that noise source when you are recording, or record somewhere else.
It can be slightly reduced with the Noise Reduction effect, but it can't be reduced by much without badly affecting the voice.
This is exactly what workd for me in my PodCast, its being casted for more than 600 people/month in Spotfy and in my website [Advertising Removed]

kozikowski
Forum Staff
Operating System: macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Re: Help in removing noise

Post by kozikowski » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:41 am

That's one of the stupid jokes about home recording.

I don't need a studio. I just need a comfortable, air conditioned, quiet room with no echoes.

I do OK with the bedroom, but I still have to wait for the occasional MetroBus to go by. If it's going the right direction and hits that hole in the street, it can produce a Magnitude 1.7 earthquake.

The other instant killer is being able to tell if your computer is on just by listening.

I know it's tempting to pile all the corrections into Audacity after you stop speaking, but if you do that, you have to do that every time you open your mouth and then remember what you did.

"Wait. Did I correct the last show? @#$%^&."

Koz