3 Mics & 1 has a Horrible Low Echo

Hey gang,

Recording issue on a Podcast using Audacity and the scenario is this:

3 mics, all on and plugged in appropriately, previously tested before actual episode is recorded and it sounded fine. Clear. Punctual. Even Stevens.
However, when going back into the recording and doing the editing, 1 mic (the voice of the individual of course) is echoed and sounds like the individual is significantly far away from the microphone when in fact the individual is no more than 8-12" away. Anyways, been fiddling with effects, solutions, researching etc. and nothing seems to be working effectively.

Solutions? Suggestions? Show me the MONEY.

Mucho Gracias

3 mics, all on and plugged in

How did you record 3 microphones, which microphones, and plugged into what? We can’t see your system and we have to build it from what you tell us.

sounds like the individual is significantly far away from the microphone

If I had to guess, I’d say that performer was being picked up by a laptop built-in microphone and not the main microphone. That’s really easy to do by accident.

[Raising hand] I have had that happen when I thought I was recording a mixer feed and in fact, the whole recording was laptop microphone. This can happen when you get Zoom, Skype or other chat app involved. When you’re Zooming, you are not the Primary user of your computer. Zoom is.

Koz