Recording an interview

Audacity Podcaster Forum.
Forum rules
ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
Cha-Chi Loprete
Operating System: Windows 10

Recording an interview

Post by Cha-Chi Loprete » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:07 pm

Can someone advise me how to conduct an interview with a guest who is on the phone, (or on Zoom) to record on Audacity.

steve
Site Admin
Operating System: Linux *buntu

Re: Recording an interview

Post by steve » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:26 pm

Recording both sides of a voip conversation with Audacity is difficult. It's much easier to use Zoom's built in recorder.
9/10 questions are answered in the FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)

kozikowski
Forum Staff
Operating System: macOS 10.13 High Sierra

Post by kozikowski » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:31 pm

We had a poster with difficulty on a phone interview, so they folded the interview into Zoom and did it that way.

If you do use the Zoom recorder technique, post back how it worked for you and how it went. Call recording techniques can change depending on your country.

Koz

wyandra
Operating System: Please select

Post by wyandra » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:33 am

For recording phone interviews on Audacity, I use a phone app Cube ACR. Very good quality - but my voice quality as the interviewer using the phone microphone is poor. So I record my questions through a USB Blue Yeti mic direct into Audacity, at the same time I record the phone call. Then I edit the 2 recordings and end up with broadcast quality interview. Simple. You need to email the phone recording to yourself and load into an Audacity recording.