USB Mixer Skype Mix Minus

I record a weekly podcast where my co host and I live in separate cities. The issue I’m having is I recently switched from Mac os and garageband to Windows and Audacity.
With the mac set up I was able to use one computer and the mixer to record both of us on separate tracks.

I have tried for hours and searched and searched and searched for answer and I can’t find any that work.

I can get my audio working and recording but I cannot get skype to record as well. Any help would be awesome.

I can get my audio working and recording but I cannot get skype to record as well. Any help would be awesome.

That’s normal. I would have bet you couldn’t do it on Macs either. You may have that celebrity unicorn setup where the connections and services only work on that one Mac. These pop up every so often. There is a two person podcast which is recorded on one computer with Audacity and Skype. That’s it. No other software or special setups. He is a celebrity unicorn. Nobody else on earth can make that work (by actual count) and he’s looking at us like we’re nuts.

I did it with an actual mixer creating the mix minus and two computers.

Denise got my voice and the music beds and not her own voice. Classic mix-minus.

We’re both ringers. We’re broadcast professionals playing the part of podcasters.

The left-hand one didn’t have to be a computer. It could have been a simple stereo sound recorder. I put a computer there because I was also using that to play music into the show.

Where is the Mac? Don’t get rid of it until you get the Windows machine to work.

Post back if you get a setup to work.

Koz