How To Edit To Play Music Track As Intro First Then My Voice Recording Afterwards Rather Than Simultaneously

Audacity: Version 2.3.2

For my upcoming podcast, I would like to have intro music on its own, my voice recording then exit music.
I have downloaded and have a separate track for the music I downloaded.
How does the music track play first then my voice recording track?
I only know how to get these two tracks to play simultaneously.
I learned how to mute one track while the other is solo.
If this question has been answered already, I would appreciate the link to the answer.
Thanks in advance.

Assuming you have all your production elements, Voice, Music, Stingers, on separate tracks, you can use the Time Shift Tool (two sideways arrows) to push the tracks in any order you want. Audacity will play everything unless you stop it with the MUTE and SOLO buttons on the left.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 19.59.02.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 19.59.21.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 19.59.45.png

You can even overlap the end of the voice track and the beginning of the outro music and use the Envelope tool (two arrows and bent line) to reduce the music volume while you’re talking and then bring it up full when you stop. Or fade it in with Effect > Fade-In.

Pretend the top track is voice.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 20.07.47.png

This exact example wouldn’t sound very good, but you get the idea. The music track (on the bottom) and the voice are playing at the same time for a bit.

Koz

Here. This one’s fully qualified with the envelope tool. While you’re closing the show, the music fades in (establish theme) but very quietly behind you. When you finish the last word, the theme comes up full and plays out the show.

Screen Shot 2019-07-30 at 20.15.38.png
Koz

You do exactly the same thing at the other end only backwards.

The director yells 'Theme!" and the music starts up full.

Music plays for a bit and the directors yells “Theme Under, Announce!” The music fades way down but not all the way out and you start talking at full volume. These are all adjustments to the music track with the Envelope Tool.

You talk for a bit with the music low and the director says “Theme Out!” and it fades completely Effect > Fade Out.

That’s the show open with a full production crew. I’m actually not sure what’s going to happen if you apply an effect over an envelope tool. Let us know if you do it that way.

Intro and Outro music should be on separate tracks so avoid one set of effects interfering with the other.

Koz