Keyboard does not respond in Audacity

Audacity Podcaster Forum.
Forum rules
ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
Tamutka
Operating System: Please select

Keyboard does not respond in Audacity

Post by Tamutka » Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:03 am

Hi, when I am recording and inserting labels for different parts, I cannot name them. Only the first one accepts the keyboard. This happpend only on the computer I use for podcasting, the other computer works fine. I restarted the computer and reinstalled the program, but nothing helps. Anyone knows how to solve the problem?
Thank you, regards, Natasa

jademan
Operating System: Windows 10 / 11

Re: Keyboard does not respond in Audacity

Post by jademan » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:22 pm

Tamutka wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 8:03 am
when I am recording and inserting labels for different parts,
How do you mean?

Audacity can create labels while recording. To do this, press Ctrl+M and then type your text and <Enter>. Each Ctrl+M will create a new label.

Are these all Windows 11 computers?

Tamutka

Post by Tamutka » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Thank you for your answer.
I have windows 10.
And I know how to create. The problem occurs when I want to name them. I am recording tales with several persons and I want to mark some parts of recording. When creating the first label, I can name it. But the second one it is not possible. This is happening only on one computer, sadly the right one :|
I am attaching pictures.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (37.45 KiB) Viewed 882 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 882 times

jademan
Operating System: Windows 10 / 11

Post by jademan » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Tamutka wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:23 pm
I can name it. But the second one it is not possible.
So I am at a loss to explain this behavior. Perhaps someone else will chime in. Does this happen during a recording or after you press stop? Have you tried Tools > Reset Configuration?

Another possibility is a language issue. Each computer will have a OS (System) language and an Audacity language. Are these combinations all the same? I wonder if there could be some subtle differences in the keyboards. Are both computers in Slovenian?

Tamutka

Post by Tamutka » Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:06 pm

Yes, they are. Tommorrow I will check out if language of Audacity is the same, English or Slovenian. Perheaps this is the problem. I will let you know.