Rapping Audio & Backtrack Effects Help

For Musicians to Share Their Music, Tips, Tricks and Reviews.
Forum rules
ImageIf you require help using Audacity, please post on the forum board relevant to your operating system:
Windows
Mac OS X
GNU/Linux and Unix-like
glowhoo
Operating System: Windows 10

Rapping Audio & Backtrack Effects Help

Post by glowhoo » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:15 pm

I need help applying effects to my backtrack + audio when I'm producing a song through audacity.

Sweet + simple, does anyone know what filters + effects I need to apply to get the results you can hear in this song?
https://soundcloud.com/user-451438876/sit-back

Thank you for any help!

kozikowski
Forum Staff
Operating System: OS X 10.9 Mavericks

Re: Rapping Audio & Backtrack Effects Help

Post by kozikowski » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:32 pm

The lead voice sounds clean with a little echo or reverb. They may have just shot it in a large room. I don't think it's vocal doubled or anything fancy like that. You may need mild compression to keep the expression out—to make it sound flat. It's a rap track, not grand opera.

The backing track is heavily produced. I don't even begin to guess all the things they did to that.

Koz

Trebor
Operating System: Windows Vista

Re: Rapping Audio & Backtrack Effects Help

Post by Trebor » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:36 pm

kozikowski wrote:The lead voice sounds clean with a little echo or reverb. They may have just shot it in a large room.
It's stereo-reverb on the vocal & the acoustic bass, so my money is on it being an reverb-effect, rather than a real room.
The reverb effect on the vocal is quiet in the mix, but it has a very-long reverb-time : the reverbed words are blurred beyond recognition, (so somewhere between Cathedral and Church-hall).